In order to provide you with quality services, we need to have access to certain personal information about you. We ensure that our employees manage this information with the utmost confidentiality, in accordance with the legal and regulatory requirements in force. This Policy does not apply to third-party websites and software that can be accessed through the website.
ARE YOU BROWSING NOSTRANO WEBSITE? THIS POLICY APPLIES TO YOU AS IT EXPLAINS WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES. WE KNOW THAT YOU RELY ON OUR TRUST AND TRANSPARENCY AND THAT IS WHAT WE AIM TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS POLICY.
We define « Personal Information » as any information or set of information that identifies or could be used to identify you, either directly or indirectly. Generally speaking, personal information does not include business contact information such as your name, title, business address or telephone number.
By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to its processing in accordance with this Policy. Generally, Nostrano will obtain the necessary Personal Information directly from you, with your consent, subject to the exceptions provided by law.
Nostrano will not collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your consent unless it is authorized or required to do so under applicable regulations. When required, Nostrano may share your Personal Information with regulatory bodies with whom it must cooperate and who govern its activities. For example, Nostrano may have to proceed without your consent when, for reasons of detection or prevention of fraud or for the application of the law, the fact of asking for the individual’s consent would make the process impossible.
Generally, we will collect your personal information directly from you with your prior consent.
Refusal of collection and withdrawal of your consent
You have the right, if you so choose, to refuse the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. You may also, at any time, and subject to reasonable notice and applicable legal or contractual restrictions, withdraw your consent to the use of Personal Information already collected by contacting our Privacy Officer. Please note, however, that if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, you may not be able to obtain a product or service from us.
Please note, however, that anonymized, non-identifying information will be retained.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Use for secondary purposes or profiling
Depending on the circumstances, Nostrano may also ask for your consent to use your Personal Information for secondary or profiling purposes, for example to conduct market research or to populate its databases. Your consent for secondary or profiling purposes may be withdrawn at any time without affecting the provision of our services to you. For more information in this regard, we invite you to read the section Details on the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Data on Our Site Through Cookies and Other Social Media features.
We may ask for your consent again for other purposes
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In the course of our business and service delivery, meaning when you visit our Site or make a purchase from us, personal information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Your contact information, such as your name, email, address or phone number to identify you and correspond with you;
- Your billing information, such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number when you make online purchases. Please note that payment information is collected directly by a third-party payment provider and not by Nostrano;
- Marketing information and communication preference such as comments or survey responses;
- Des renseignements relatifs à l’utilisation de notre Site incluant des renseignements techniques sur les visites ou tout autre renseignement collecté à travers des témoins ou d’autres outils similaires. Ces renseignements comprennent notamment :
- Number of visits;
- The conversion rate;
- The average length of your visit;
- Actions performed on our Site, including search terms;
- Pages viewed during your visit;
- The type of device used during your visit;
- The web browser used during your visit;
- The IP address used during your visit;
- The origin of visitors, i.e., the Web page you visited before being redirected to our Site;
- The advertising campaign that brought you to our Site.
- Tout autre renseignement personnel fourni.
You provide us with personal information when you use our site.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Personal Information collected by Nostrano will be used for the following purposes :
- To build and manage our relationship with you and to communicate with you;
- To provide and maintain requested services;
- To provide updates on the status of your order;
- To send products you have ordered to you or to your friends, acquaintances or relatives;
- To respond to your questions and requests submitted through contact forms, including by email;
- Subject to your express consent, to communicate with you (by email, postal mail or otherwise) and provide you with newsletters, coupons, promotional materials and additional information regarding our products, services, partners, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, promotions and special offers;
- Subject to your express consent, to send you invitations to certain promotional events, contests, sweepstakes and surveys;
- To notify winners of contests and sweepstakes;
- To help us learn more about your purchasing preferences;
- To conduct marketing and performance research to help us evaluate our customer service, benchmark our performance, and improve your shopping experience and our product offerings.
- As permitted or required by any applicable legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- Any other purpose to which you have consented.
We use your information to provide, support, customize and develop our products and services.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- From you
You provide us with Personal Information directly, namely when you contact us, when make a purchase with us, when you fill out an online form or when you click on an advertisement we have placed on a third-party website (e.g. Google, Facebook, etc.).
2. From other sources
We may also collect Personal Information from third parties, or from publicly available records as permitted by law or if we have obtained the necessary consent.
3. Web beacons
Web beacons are tiny images that we can place on our web pages or in our emails. They can be used, for example, to anonymously track how many times a particular page has been visited by a user or whether an email has been read. As the name implies, web beacons are invisible and any part of our Site, including the advertisements displayed on them, may contain web beacons. Unlike cookies, web beacons are not placed on your computer.
Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when using websites and online services. They are used for the efficient operation of websites and can provide information and help customize services. Nostrano collects the information provided by cookies.
DETAILS ON THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA ON OUR SITE THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
As mentioned in the previous sections, we may use various tools to improve your experience on our Site, to better understand our customers’ behaviour, and in particular in connection with our marketing strategies. The following section is intended to provide you with more information about how we use these tools, including profiling, if any.
By using cookies and similar technologies, we are able to provide you with advertising that is more relevant to your needs, as it is targeted to your interests and preferences. When you visit our Site, cookies tell us, among other things, which pages you are interested in and, as a result, we may subsequently display advertising or recommendations that match your interests.
These technologies do not contain any personally identifiable information per se. They may, however, contain a unique identifier necessary for profiling. When you click on one of these ads, we may also track the response rate of the campaign.
Nostrano uses different types of cookies (collectively referred to as cookies here):
- Necessary cookies : These cookies are essential to the operation of our Site. Without them, services such as the shopping cart do not work.
- Performance and functionality cookies : These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. They help personalize and enhance the user experience. For example, we may use performance cookies to learn which pages on our Site are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why certain pages display error messages.
- Cookies for advertising purposes: These cookies are not essential to the provision of our services. They help us show you relevant advertisements, both on and off our Site, measure the performance of those advertisements, and generate subject matter reports. We use these cookies to track whether you were able to view content or whether someone who saw an ad later returned to perform an action (such as ordering a product) on another site.
Nostrano uses mainly two types of cookies:
- The session cookie : This type of cookie is kept in memory for the duration of your visit to our Site, after which it is erased from your device. It allows you to be identified and is then deleted when you leave our Site.
- The persistent cookie : This cookie is stored on your device until it expires, or is deleted by you, and will be retrieved the next time you visit our Site. Our persistent cookies therefore have a variable duration.
It is possible to prevent the personalization features of our Site by disabling cookies on your browser. You can do this by changing the settings on your browser or mobile device, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.
However, if you choose to decline cookies, certain pages or sections of our Site may not display properly or certain features may not be available.
For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as http://www.allaboutcookies.org/fr.
You have the choice of whether or refuse or accept cookies.
Do other websites have access to cookies when you browse our Site?
We sometimes use third-party service providers.
Indeed, when you access our Site, either directly or through an advertisement redirecting you to our Site, a cookie is automatically created on your computer or mobile device. At that time, a web analytics tool (for example, Google Analytics) and possibly external ad servers have access to this cookie, which allows us to provide you with a better experience on our Site or, in some cases, to track your activity to promote some of our products. Although a code in the cookie file identifies you as a user, it does not recognize you by name or address.
Our service providers may also need to collect your IP address or mobile device identifier when you visit a site. This information may be transmitted to and stored on servers located in Canada or elsewhere, such as the United States. Nostrano does not combine any information collected by these third parties with information we hold about you. Please be aware, however, that certain suppliers may be required to disclose the data collected to third parties if they are required to do so by law or if they wish to entrust the processing of certain data to third parties. No information that would allow these suppliers to identify you is transmitted to them.
Please note that third-party service providers have their own cookies and privacy policies.
Use of Google Analytics
Nostrano uses Google Analytics, which is provided by Google Inc. (Google), in order to analyze the browsing behaviours of visitors to its Site, which are tools for analyzing the frequentation and use of Web sites.
The information collected by Google Analytics is used to analyze the use of our Site and to generate statistical reports on visitor activity. You can obtain more information about Google Analytics here.
Nostrano also works with third-party advertising companies, such as Facebook or Google Ads, that collect and use information about your visits to our Site in order to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Nostrano does not disclose any information that would allow the advertising companies to identify you.
You can disable Google Analytics while browsing by selecting the appropriate settings for your browser or computer tool, as well as ad settings. You may opt out of sharing your information with these third parties by installing an add-on to opt out of receiving interest-targeted ads. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s opt-out portal at: https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools.
Nostrano also uses Facebook’s personalized audience feature to target advertising related to the interests of its current and potential customers. We invite you to check your Facebook privacy settings if you wish to manage your advertising settings. You can get more information here.
Please note that even if you choose not to receive ads targeted to your interests, you will still be able to see Nostrano’s ads. In this case, these ads will simply not be adapted to your real needs and may be displayed more frequently.
For more information on how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (“DAAC”) education page at: https://youradchoices.ca/en/faq.
Social Media Features
We send you personalized advertisements both within and outside of our services. You can make choices about personalized ads, but you cannot choose not to see others ads.
HOW DO WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In the course of our business, we may need to disclose and share your Personal Information with various stakeholders. We will only disclose and share your Personal Information as described below:
- Our Employees: In the course of their work, our employees may need to access your Personal Information, for example, when you call Customer Service to follow up on your order. Their access is limited to what is necessary to perform their duties.
- Third Party Agents and Service Providers: From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with agents or service providers to assist us in making available all of the features of our Site (maintenance, analysis, legal requirements, fraud detection, marketing and development). Please note that these service providers may be located in Canada or in other jurisdictions or countries. They will only have access to Personal Information that is necessary to perform these functions on our behalf and are required not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Please be aware that we have contractual agreements with these vendors to ensure the security of your data.
- When required by law, to enforce compliance or to protect the property or safety of our rights or those of others: By way of example, we may disclose Personal Information to legal or regulatory authorities in the event that we suspect money laundering, insider trading, manipulative or deceptive business practice or other criminal activity, to detect and prevent fraud, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements of governmental bodies, regulatory agencies or other self-regulatory organizations. We may also need to disclose Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation (e.g., court order) or to protect our assets (e.g., to collect overdue accounts).
- Anonymized: Anonymized Personal Information may be shared with third parties. For example, we may anonymize Personal Information in order to track trends or statistics.
Depending on the situation, different people may have access to your information, including our employees, agents and services. Providers, and others if required by law, such as a court.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We only keep records of your Personal Information for as long as it is required for our business relationship, in accordance with our internal document retention policies or legal and regulatory requirements. As such, the length of time we retain your Personal Information will vary depending on the purpose of its use. We must destroy this information in accordance with the law and our record retention policy. When we destroy your Personal Information, we take appropriate steps to ensure its confidentiality and to ensure that no unauthorized person has access to it during the destruction process.
The length of time we retain your personal information will vary depending on the purpose for which it is used.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We strive to implement the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Information in our possession. To do so, we follow the generally accepted industry standards. The Personal Information that we hold is therefore accessible only to persons who are qualified to have access to it and who consult it only when necessary in the performance of their duties.
Appropriate physical, technical and/or administrative safeguards and security measures have been put in place and are maintained to prevent:
- Any accidental or unlawful destruction;
- Any accidental loss;
- Any unauthorized disclosure;
- Unauthorized modification;
- Unauthorized access; and
- Any illegal treatment.
In order to do so, we ensure, among other things, that access to our offices and computer equipment is restricted, that our staff is trained and that our agents and suppliers of goods and services having access to Personal Information sign confidentiality agreements and implement security measures deemed equivalent.
If you believe that your Personal Information has been compromised, we invite you to contact us using the contact information listed in the “Questions, Comments, Complaints” section of this Policy.
We implement security measures to ensure the protection of your information.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Right of Access, Information and Rectification of your Personal Information
You have the right to know whether we hold Personal Information about you and to have access to that Personal Information. You also have the right to ask questions about how we have collected, used and retained your Personal Information and to whom it has been disclosed.
You may obtain a copy of your Personal Information or have it corrected if it is inaccurate by sending us a written request by e-mail.
We will provide you with such information or make the change promptly and no later than 30 days from the date we receive the written request. A reasonable fee may also be charged to process your request.
In some situations, it may not be possible for Nostrano to disclose all of the Personal Information it holds about you. Exceptions to the access requirements are limited and specific. The reasons for denying access are provided upon request.
These exceptions include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains details about other individuals, the existence of legal, security or business reasons that prevent the provision of the information and the fact that the information is protected by solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
LINK TO OTHER WEB SITES
It is important to understand that this Policy does not apply to other third-party websites that may be accessed through links on our Site. We are not responsible for those third-party sites, their content or access. Therefore, any Personal Information you transmit through these sites is subject to the privacy policies of those sites. It is your responsibility to review their privacy policies to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
You can access and rectify your information and obtain information about our practices regarding the collection, use and retention of your information.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THE POLICY
The content of our Site may be changed at any time and Nostrano reserves the right, at its discretion, to update, revise, modify or supplement this Policy from time to time. If so, we will notify you, as required by law. As this Policy may change over time, we recommend that you review it frequently to stay informed about how we treat your Personal Information.
Any changes to this policy are applicable to your use of services after the “effectives date”
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, COMPLAINTS
Nostrano has established procedures for receiving complaints and inquiries about its policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information.
Nostrano will inform individuals who make inquiries or file complaints of the existence of the relevant procedures.
Nostrano will investigate all complaints. If a complaint is found to be justified, Nostrano will take appropriate measures including, if necessary, amending its policies and practices.
If you have any questions, inquiries, comments or complaints about your Personal Information, we invite you to contact our Customer Service Department : ServiceClientele2@OLYMEL.com
You can contact us if you have any questions, comments or wish to file a complaint.