- Heat the stock and keep hot.
- In a pot, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and fry the mushrooms. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pot, fry the onion and garlic over low heat in the remaining olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Once the rice has soaked up the wine, add the stock one ladle at a time waiting for the liquid to be absorbed each time. Continue adding the hot stock until the rice is cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked (but still al dente) turn off heat and add the butter, parmesan, pepper and basil and mix quickly. Finish with the prosciutto and mushrooms.
- Cover and let rest 2 minutes.
Risotto with Prosciutto, Mushrooms, Basil and Parmesan
Share this recipe
- One 100 g package Nostrano prosciutto, cut into strips
- 500 ml (2 cups) Arborio rice for risotto
- 1 onion, cut into fine dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 20 mushrooms, quartered
- 100 ml white wine (optional)
- 2 l poultry stock
- 50 g cold butter, cut into pieces
- 75 g fresh parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp. basil, freshly chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste